Fun news. Seeing as lockdown level 3 is upon us I have made the first two Da Vinci Boxes aka Da Vinci Box sketching and Da Vinci Box charcoal, available on Etsy. A box full of art materials, chosen by an artist delivered to your door (FREE delivery within Ireland), to inspire your creativity, from the comfort of your own space. Unlock your inner artist, you were created to create.
Da Vinci Box
A box with everything you need to elevate your sketching skills.
1. Artways gorgeous leather bound sketchbook in a black gift box. I keep one in my bag for sketching outdoors and in studio. The pages are off white and the perfect shade and texture for sketching.
2. Derwent battery operated eraser. A personal favourite hero product. Fun to use and great for getting those sharp highlights in your drawings.
3. Blending stumps, easily the most underestimated, hardworking drawing tools.
4. Derwent sketching pencil pack, the essential pencil values.
5. Da Vinci Box sticker to customise your sketching books, pencil cases etc
6. Pens have caps but why not pencils. A metal cap (find it in the gift box with your sketchbook) to put on your pencil when you want to bring one on the go, to stop it scribbling all over the inside of your bag.
7. Just for a giggle the Earaser from Fred to “Gogh and Earase your mistakes”
Gorgeous to gift or self gift keep you creative over the lockdown restrictions.
€32 plus free delivery within Ireland
Box full of artistic treatsSketching in Italy last year but these days more local.Da Vinci Box in Florence (Last years photo)
Get creative with the best artists charcoal products in one handy box.
Contents include 1. Nitram charcoal. Nitram is Martin spelled backwards. It was named after Martin Gros the original charcoal producer. Nitram produces less dust, is easy to erase and sharpen to a finer point than other charcoals and it’s gorgeous to use.
2. Nitram sharpening block for sharpening your charcoal to the finest point. Also useful to sharpen mechanical pencils (mechanical pencil not included in this box)
3. Putty rubber or as some call it a kneaded eraser. Great for lifting off excess charcoal and doesn’t create eraser crumbs like traditional erasers.
4. The Da Vinci Box branding sticker
5. SpectraFix Fixative. This is a game changer, I have been using for years. A little pricier than other fixatives but well worth the extra spend. It’s a casin recipe based on that used by Impressionist painter Edgar Degas. There are no toxic fumes so it’s kinder to the environment, your art and on you.
Price €32.99 free delivery within Ireland
Charcoal the art tool of choice of all the great historical artists and today.
The Nitram sharpening block is awesome. I use it to sharpen both charcoal and my pencils (pencil shown not included in the box)
The best fixative I have ever used. I’ve been using it for years becasue it’s brilliant.
I was out sketching with my Da Vinci Box materials last year and ended up having this sketch in Dollards featured on Urban Sketchers instagram. Hope it brings all Da Vinci Box artists this kind of luck.