It can be quite a challenge to think of a unique and special gift for all of our loved ones at Christmas. To avoid the dull jumpers, socks and bath sets – destined for re-gifting – it would be worth popping into The National Gallery‘s gift shop. It is full of gifting gems.
You can pick up some absolute treasures for all ages and that suit every pocket. Avert the queues at over crowded shopping centres. Escape to the National Gallery and enjoy a heavenly walk through the exhibitions, a lunch in the cafe and check off your entire Christmas list at the shop, in one genius stroke.
It was difficult to whittle it down but here are my top 10 picks:
1. Tatty Divine Make-Up Bag. I’m loving the quirky bejewelled braces.
2. This handsome wallet €31.95*
3. House of Disaster 1916 satchel €67.95*
4. The official National Gallery of Ireland Diary. There is an art piece from the NGI collection depicted for every week of the year. €19.95*
5. If you gotta gift sock, at least make them Van Gogh. €5.50*
6. Christmas Sprout novelty snow globe €17.50*
7. Usborne That’s Not my Snowman €17.95*
8. A Year In Art: A Painting a Day €21.25*
9. The Art of Chivalry, Music on the theme of love CD. €10.95*
10. Artist Adelle Hickey’s “Art of Connecting” range of beautiful journals and Notebooks. €20- €30*
*at time of publication: 08th December 2017